We care about our clients’ privacy and, every time we deal with your personal data, we do so in accordance with the GDPR (the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data).
“Company” (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Synquest.
“Website”, we are referring to any website of ours that references or links to this policy.
“Services”, we are referring to our website, and other related services, including any sales, marketing, or events.
“Log and Usage Data”, log and usage data is service and performance related information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity on the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
“Device Data”, device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
“Location Data”, location data such as information about your device’s location, such as your country and state/region.
“Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
“You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
By using our Website and/or our Services, you agree to the automatic collection and processing of some of your personal data in accordance with the purposes described below.
4. Types of data collected
We may request certain information from you to use our website and/or for the supply of certain Services. Each time you visit our Website, the web server automatically recognizes your IP address. The collected information includes Log and Usage Data, Device Data and Location Data. This personal data will allow us to deal with your requests, to continually improve the Website and to adapt the Services available to you. In this regard, we specifically reserve the right to use your information for market research and customer satisfaction purposes or for the development of Services.
Should you sign up for the waitlist of SceneHero, you will be requested to submit your email address, along with your indicated preferences regarding SceneHero’s features.
5. On what legal basis is your data processed?
Your data are processed on the following basis:
· Consent: we may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose,
· A contractual relationship as soon as you enter or are about to enter into an agreement with us, or
· The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us as the controller.
6. How do We use your information?
We use the information we collect or receive:
· To facilitate account creation and login process.
· To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
· To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you products, services and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
· Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
· To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (e.g., for fraud monitoring and prevention).
· To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
· To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
· To deliver and facilitate delivery of Services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested Service.
· To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
· To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of marketing emails or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
· For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, Services, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
7. Transfer of Personal Data
Additionally, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
8. What is the retention period for the use of data?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements).
The retention periods are the following:
Usage data: 6 months
Personal data: 12 months
9. Protection of personal data
We undertake to keep your personal data confidential and have established security procedures aimed to avoid any loss, abuse or alteration to this personal data. However, no technological system is completely safe and resistant to hackers. We will, however, make all reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or improper use of your personal information and to minimize the risks in that regard. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
10. Right of access, correction, deletion, objection and data portability
In accordance with the general data protection regulation, you have the right to access, rectify and erase any data concerning you. You also have the right to object to data being processed for direct marketing purposes or automatic profiling, within the limits of the legislation. You have the right to receive the personal data and to transmit them directly from one controller to another.
You can exercise your rights and submit such a request to email@example.com
Navigation on our website may result in cookies and similar technologies being sent to your computer. They simplify the visit and improve the ergonomics of the dialogue. You may refuse the downloading of cookies onto your computer, but this may prevent access to some of the sites’ services.
The Service Providers We use may have access to Your Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Service in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
· Necessary cookies
· Analytics cookies
We use the following third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
This website uses Mouseflow: a website analytics tool that provides session replay, heatmaps, funnels, form analytics, feedback surveys, and similar features/functionality. Mouseflow may record your clicks, mouse movements, scrolling, form fills (keystrokes) in non-excluded fields, pages visited and content, time on site, browser, operating system, device type (desktop/tablet/phone), screen resolution, visitor type (first time/returning), referrer, anonymized IP address, location (city/country), language, and similar meta data. Mouseflow does not collect any information on pages where it is not installed, nor does it track or collect information outside your web browser. If you’d like to opt-out, you can do so at https://mouseflow.com/opt-out. If you’d like to obtain a copy of your data, make a correction, or have it erased, please contact us first or, as a secondary option, contact Mouseflow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Mouseflow and GDPR, visit https://mouseflow.com/legal/gdpr/.
For more information on Mouseflow and CCPA/VCDPA visit https://mouseflow.com/legal/ccpa.
This website uses ProProfsChat: a live chat tool allowing visitors to communicate with session operators from the Company.
12. Data Protection Authority (and Data Protection Officer)
For any additional information or for any complaint relating to the processing of your personal data, you may apply to Synquest BV or the Data Protection Authority, Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels (Belgium), website: www.privacycommission.be.
13. Applicable law